This course is suitable for those who come into contact with people with autism in any context.
It is a user friendly workshop in understanding the social world and the experiences people with autistic conditions face when confronted with social situations.
Participants should leave with an understanding of how to support people with autism spectrum conditions to explore social messages, respond to social behaviours and engage in a more fulfilling way within the social world. Participants will also have an awareness of the following:
- Identifying social skills and their involvement in every day life
- Exploring experiences of the social world and learning about behaviours and reactions to social interaction
- Knowledge of reciprocation
- Learning to support and guide people with social anxiety behaviours
- To use different tools to support independent social practice